Grilled Steak with Pepper Relish with Oven Fries and sautéed Swiss Chard with Chile & Garlic
Ingredients (for 2 people):
Grilled Steak with Pepper Relish • small or 1 large red, yellow and/or orange bell pepper, sliced • small onion, halved and sliced • balsamic vinegar • extra-virgin olive oil • capers, rinsed • finely chopped fresh thyme or 1/2 tsp dried, divided • salt, divided • freshly ground pepper, divided • sirloin steak or strip steak (1-1 1/4 inches thick), trimmed and cut into 4 portions • garlic powder • Oven Fries • large Yukon Gold potato, peeled and cut into wedges • extra-virgin olive oil • salt • dried thyme (optional) • Sautéed Chard with Chile & Garlic • chard • extra-virgin olive oil • clove garlic, thinly sliced • crushed red pepper to taste • lemon juice to taste
1 portion contains 378 cal
Grilled Steak with Pepper Relish
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Combine bell peppers, onion, vinegar, oil, capers, 1 teaspoons fresh thyme (or ¼ teaspoon dried) and ⅛ teaspoon each salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Stack two 20-inch-long pieces of foil. Arrange the pepper mixture on one half and fold the foil. Tightly seal the packet by crimping and folding the edges together.
- Sprinkle both sides of steak with garlic powder, the remaining thyme and 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Oil the grill rack. Place the steak and foil packet on the grill. Grill the steak about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare, 5 minutes per side for medium. Grill the packet until the vegetables are tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Let the steak rest for 5 minutes. Serve the steak with the peppers.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Toss potato wedges with oil, salt and thyme (if using). Spread the wedges out on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until browned and tender, turning once, about 20 minutes total.
Sautéed Chard with Chile & Garlic
- Remove ribs from chard and chop leaves into 1-inch pieces. Steam until tender. Press on the chard to remove excess liquid.
- Place oil and garlic in a medium skillet and cook over low heat until the garlic begins to sizzle. Add crushed red pepper to taste and cook until the garlic is golden. Add the steamed chard and toss until heated through. Season with lemon juice.