Quick Chicken Cordon Bleu with Trio of Pea and Buttermilk-Herb Mashed Potatoes
Ingredients (for 2 people):
Quick Chicken Cordon Bleu • boneless, skinless chicken breasts (10-12 oz), trimmed and tenders removed • freshly ground pepper, divided • salt • shredded Gruyère or Swiss cheese • reduced-fat cream cheese • coarse dry whole-wheat breadcrumbs • chopped fresh parsley or thyme • extra-virgin olive oil, divided • chopped ham (about 1/2 oz) • Trio of Peas • canola oil • snow peas, trimmed • sugar snap peas, fresh or frozen • frozen peas • freshly grated lemon zest • lemon juice • dried tarragon • butter • pinch of salt • Buttermilk-herb Mashed Potatoes • large Yukon Gold potato, peeled and cut into chunks • clove garlic, peeled • butter • fat-free buttermilk • chopped fresh herbs • Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste • Buttermilk-herb Mashed Potatoes • large Yukon Gold potato, peeled and cut into chunks • clove garlic, peeled • butter • fat-free buttermilk • chopped fresh herbs • salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
1 portion contains 476 cal
Quick Chicken Cordon Bleu
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Sprinkle chicken with ⅛ teaspoon pepper and salt. Combine cheese and cream cheese in a bowl. Combine the remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper with breadcrumbs, parsley (or thyme) and 1 teaspoon oil in another bowl.
- Heat the remaining 1 teaspoon oil in a medium, ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook the chicken until browned on both sides, about 2 minutes per side. Move the chicken to the center so the pieces are touching. Spread with the cheese mixture, sprinkle with ham, then top with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Bake until the chicken is no longer pink in the center and an instant-read thermometer registers 165°F, 5 to 7 minutes.
Trio of Peas
- Heat oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add Snow peas and sugar snap peas and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes.
- Stir in frozen peas and cook until heated through. Remove from heat. Stir in lemon zest, lemon juice, tarragon, butter and salt.
Buttermilk-Herb Mashed Potatoes
- Place potato in a small saucepan and cover with water. Add garlic. Bring to a boil; cook until the potato is tender. Drain; add butter and buttermilk, and mash with a potato masher to the desired consistency. Stir in herbs. Season with salt and pepper.